Re: [platform-team-dev] OpenEditor web.xml

Since it only happens in WSAD and not in Eclipse it is most likely due to an editor that is part of WSAD. It is likely that WSAD has a custom editor for web.xml files.You probably want to either post to a WSAD newsgroup or contact them through their support channels.

Michael

"Kadadi, Usha D" <Usha.Kadadi@xxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/03/2004 04:26 PM

Please respond to
platform-team-dev

<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-team-dev] OpenEditor web.xml

I am trying to open a web.xml from WSAD . I get an error,Unable to create part  web deployment descriptor .

we use this method to open the Editor.
public IEditorPart openEditor(IEditorInput input,

String editorId)
                      throws
PartInitException

I can view other xml files like plugin.xml and build.xml just fine. But it is only with web.xml that i see the problem only in WSAD and not under eclipse. Under eclipse it just brings up the text editor .

Has anybody seen this problem before or do we have to open web.xml using a different method.

Thanks

Back to the top