Re: [platform-team-dev] Fw: Team API Usage Question

It really boils down to whether there is value-add from using the Eclipse Team infrastructure and whether it fits into your application. A new synchronization API will be released shortly that provides a framework for managing the sychronization state between the local workspace and a remote location. If this is something your application requires, then it may be worth investigating it. However, if all you need is simple puch/pull capabilities, you're probably better off providing a small client that provides specifically what you need.

"Paul Wuethrich" <paul.wuethrich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

20/02/2004 04:34 PM

Please respond to
platform-team-dev

<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
<Michael_Valenta@xxxxxxx>
Subject
[platform-team-dev] Fw: Team API Usage Question

Per Michael's suggestion below, I'm continuing the discussion.

The 3rd party requirements are virtually non-existent in this case and
the repository provider will be our own customized interface to an
rdbms.  I'm guessing this doesn't change the suggested approach of
building it from scratch?