RE: [platform-team-dev] Move/Rename project

Sorry, I understand now what the issue is. A project move doesn't change the name of a project so you can detect the move by comparing the project name with the name in the description. If the names are the same, then the project has been moved in the local file system but the name hasn't changed. Sorry for the confusion.

Michael

"Kadadi, Usha D" <Usha.Kadadi@xxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

19/02/2004 12:24 PM

Please respond to
platform-team-dev

<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-team-dev] Move/Rename project

I am also referring to getName()  on IProjectDescription.

RE: [platform-team-dev] Move/Rename project

Are you talking about getName() on the IProject or getName() on the IProjectDescription? I am talking about the later.

"Kadadi, Usha D" <Usha.Kadadi@xxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

19/02/2004 10:38 AM

Please respond to
platform-team-dev

<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-team-dev] Move/Rename project

I am using the getname() method to get the name of the project and then check within the CM if a project with the same name already exist. But the problem is during a move the project name is the same and the project also exists in the CM. So the move fails always.

RE: [platform-team-dev] Move/Rename project

If your CM just maps the Eclipse project name to a remote project name then you can check the name of the IProjectDescription. The project description contains all the configuration information for the project at its new location. One of the fields availabel is the new name (getName()).

Michael

"Kadadi, Usha D" <Usha.Kadadi@xxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

19/02/2004 09:47 AM

Please respond to
platform-team-dev

<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-team-dev] Move/Rename project

I am trying to check if a project with the same name exists in the CM provider during a project rename. If it does, Then i want to display an error message . But without knowing if a rename or move is being performed . How do i accomplish this ?

Re: [platform-team-dev] Move/Rename project

No, there is no way to tell the difference. To me, this makes sense since conceptually there is no difference between a project move and a project rename (i.e. the project name and location on disk changes in both cases. Do you have a different take on this?

Michael

"Kadadi, Usha D" <Usha.Kadadi@xxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

19/02/2004 09:11 AM

Please respond to
platform-team-dev

<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-team-dev] Move/Rename project

I have a question regarding this method.

public boolean moveProject(IResourceTree tree,
                       IProject source,

                       IProjectDescription description,

                       int updateFlags,

                       IProgressMonitor monitor)Implements IResource.move(IPath,int,IProgressMonitor) and IResource.move(IProjectDescription,int,IProgressMonitor)

On entry on this hook, method. Is there a way to find out if a move is being performed or a rename ? Because both rename/move use the same method.

Thanks

Back to the top