Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using 'triaged' keywordinsteadofswt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxx?

On 06/15/2017 01:36 PM, Andrey Loskutov wrote:
I fully agree with Leo.
"Assigned" means for me the assignee is working or planning to work on the bug. Using this as "triaged" flag is counter intuitive and sets wrong user expectations.

Most users comimg from environments where "assigned" means exactly that. The fact that some Eclipse projects used this differently for many years is not an argument if the few remaining committers want change that.

I agree with both Leo and Andrey. I think the term ASSIGNED to mean "open bug that has been triaged" is extremely counter-intuitive.

Furthermore this line of thinking is contradictory to Bugzilla's own documentation and other open source projects' practices, making it rather puzzling.

Eric

Back to the top