Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using 'triaged' keyword instead of swt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxx?

On 06/06/2017 09:49 AM, Leo Ufimtsev wrote:

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 4:32 AM, Lakshmi P Shanmugam <lakshmipriya.bms@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:lakshmipriya.bms@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Leo,

    +1 to stop moving bugs to swt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:swt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
    To mark the bug as triaged, we could change the Status field of bug
    from NEW to ASSIGNED. Some developers already do this, but not
    consistently.
    May be all of us could follow this? We should update this in the
    triage page as well (once we agree).

I have concerns that using "Assigned" status could be miss-understood as someone actually working on the bug (See workflow diagram below)

I.e, using "assigned" in this way might make users think that someone is working on the problem, where as in fact the bug is just in the queue to be worked on. (Think of users who stumble into bugs through stackoverflow or google..)

The 'triaged' keyword is a bit less intrusive and still allows us to filter bugs as triaged and non triaged.

Thoughts?

+1, I agree with Leo on this as well. ASSIGNED to me means that someone has started working on the bug. A triaged keyword is less invasive and still allows filtering of search results.

--
Eric Williams
Associate Software Engineer - Eclipse Team

https://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.16/html/how.html

Inline image 1

    Thanks & Regards,
    Lakshmi P Shanmugam