Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using 'triaged' keyword instead of swt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxx?

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Eric Williams <ericwill@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/01/2017 03:12 PM, Leo Ufimtsev wrote:
/(I've had some issues with the mailing list, sorry if you received this message multiple times)./

Hello folks,

I propose a change in how we triage bugs:

Our traditional triage (1*)  procedure is to inspect new bugs for proper classification, presence of a snippet etc and then re-assign those bugs from
platform-swt-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:platform-swt-inbox@eclipse.org>
to:
swt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:swt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxg>

However the problem here is that some developers follow platform-swt-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:platform-swt-inbox@eclipse.org>, but not swt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:swt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxg>. So triaged bugs seem to get less attention.

/(Side note: their name is also quite similar (Project-SWT-Inbox) vs (Project-Inbox))/

I propose instead that we add the 'triaged' keyword to bugs that were triaged and leave them assigned to Project-swt-inbox.

As for current bugs, we could slowly migrate all bugs to platform-swt-inbox and add 'triaged' keyword as we go along, closing irrelevant/old bugs. (as oppose to a bulk update).

I could update the relevant documentation for the job at hand. (1*).

Thoughts?

+1 from me. Sounds good.

Same for me.
--
Eric Williams
Associate Software Engineer - Eclipse Team

--

Leo Ufimtsev

Software Engineer

Red Hat