[platform-swt-dev] Using 'triaged' keyword instead of swt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxx?

(I've had some issues with the mailing list, sorry if you received this message multiple times).

Hello folks,

I propose a change in how we triage bugs:

Our traditional triage (1*)  procedure is to inspect new bugs for proper classification, presence of a snippet etc and then re-assign those bugs from
platform-swt-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx
However the problem here is that some developers follow platform-swt-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx, but not swt-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxx. So triaged bugs seem to get less attention.

(Side note: their name is also quite similar (Project-SWT-Inbox) vs (Project-Inbox))

I propose instead that we add the 'triaged' keyword to bugs that were triaged and leave them assigned to Project-swt-inbox.

As for current bugs, we could slowly migrate all bugs to platform-swt-inbox and add 'triaged' keyword as we go along, closing irrelevant/old bugs. (as oppose to a bulk update).

I could update the relevant documentation for the job at hand. (1*).

Thoughts?

--

Leo Ufimtsev

Software Engineer