Re: [platform-swt-dev] Documentation how to build the SWT natives for Windows?

Hi,

I recently configured my windows 10 laptop, to rebuild the SWT binaries.

I started with the steps from list item 6 on https://www.eclipse.org/swt/jnigen.php

Unfortunately these steps don’t work without these additional measures:

-          Start you eclipse with an environment variable JAVA_HOME pointing to your JDK folder. I created a cmd file with this contents:
set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45
start c:\eclipse\eclipse.exe

-          Create a folder C:\BUILD\swt-builddir (it has to be exactly named like this)

-          Install the “Windows Server 2003 SP1 SDK” (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6510 ) to “C:\BUILD\swt-builddir\MSSDKs\Windows Server 2003 SP1 SDK”

-          Make a symbolic link “C:\BUILD\swt-builddir\ibm-sdk50-x86_64”, that points to your JDK (alternatively install the JDK to that folder)
Inside that folder you have the folders bin, include, jre…

-          Copy the file jawt.lib from the lib subfolder to jre\bin

With these steps I managed to build the SWT binaries locally, but without the XULRUNNER. That build step had an error, but as I didn’t need those artefacts, I was happy.

Have fun,

Conrad