[platform-swt-dev] Red button background if running via vnc

Hi,

We observe an interesting issue with some users trying to work with Eclipse 4.6.2 over vnc on RHEL 7.2.

The view/editor min/max button images have red background in Eclipse if user is logged via vncviewer, see attached picture.
The background is red on *both* GTK2/GTK3 backends, with and without Eclipse themes engine enabled.

We've tried to connect to his session with different vnc viewers, but this seem to be the local vncserver or user environment issue.

*Same* user, logged *directly* on his workstation to the desktop session has no issues at all => so this must be something which affects the vncserver.

The xstartup in the ~/.vnc directory looks like this:
#!/bin/sh
unset SESSION_MANAGER
unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
export KDEHOME=~/.vnc/.kde4
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

and is identical to the xstartup of other users... We have deleted everything from ~/.vnc/.kde4 to make sure there are no bogus settings for KDE, but with no luck.

Has anyone any idea *which* user setting can cause such strange rendering in Eclipse?

rpm -q gtk3; rpm -q gtk2
gtk3-3.14.13-16.el7.x86_64
gtk2-2.24.28-8.el7.x86_64

rpm -qa | grep vnc
tigervnc-server-minimal-1.4.3-4.fc22.x86_64
tigervnc-1.3.1-3.el7.x86_64
tigervnc-license-1.3.1-3.el7.noarch
libvncserver-0.9.9-9.el7_0.1.x86_64
tigervnc-icons-1.3.1-3.el7.noarch