Re: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.test dependencies in SWT tests

The screenshots are very important in case tests fail. And of course so are performance tests.

The SWT team will have to give the final answer but my take would be -1.

Dani

From:        Leo Ufimtsev <lufimtse@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Eric Williams <ericwill@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05.12.2016 15:29
Subject:        Re: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.test dependencies in SWT tests
Sent by:        platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

It seems that org.eclipse.test is used for swt's performance tests and for capturing screenshots in browser tests.
However, I'm not sure if anyone is using the performance tests and the screenshots were only used when one of the browser tests was failing.

> pure
+1

I'm in favour of either removing external dependencies or commenting them out so as to only enable them on demand (ex when troubleshooting a test case), or re-writing them so that they are not needed.

---
Leo Ufimtsev
Software Engineer, Eclipse team.

Toronto, Canada