Re: [platform-swt-dev] Win32 - Browser new test case fails on win32: test_evaluate_invalid_return_value

Hi Leo

Please open a bug against SWT and assign it to Niraj.

Dani

From:        Leo Ufimtsev <lufimtse@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        21.11.2016 21:44
Subject:        [platform-swt-dev] Win32 - Browser new test case fails on win32:        test_evaluate_invalid_return_value
Sent by:        platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

@Win32 SWT maintainers:

I'm doing SWT Gtk work, I've added a few new test cases to the Browser suite:
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/85291/

One of the test cases is failing only on Win32 Browser implementation:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20161120-2000/testresults/html/org.eclipse.swt.tests_ep47I-unit-win32_win32.win32.x86_8.0.html

It is:
test_evaluate_invalid_return_value

And can be found in:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.swt.git/tree/tests/org.eclipse.swt.tests/JUnit%20Tests/org/eclipse/swt/tests/junit/Test_org_eclipse_swt_browser_Browser.java#n861

The basic idea of the test case is that it tries to make evaluate() return an object that evaluate() doesn't support (as per it's API). This in turn should throw "ERROR_INVALID_RETURN_VALUE" SWTException.

This test case passes on Gtk and Cocoa, but fails on Win32. I haven't found a logical issue with the test case and as per Browser.evaluate() Javadoc, the SWTExcepiton is expected but doesn't appear to be thrown. Also, a related test case test_evaluate_evaluation_failed_exception() passes. This leads me to believe that this may be an implementation issue in the Browser.evaluate() in the SWT Win32 port.

I don't have a Win32 setup to investigate the cause. Would someone with SWT Win32 setup be able to inspect the failing test case and investigate why it doesn't work?

Thank you for your time.

---
Leo Ufimtsev
Software Engineer, Eclipse team.