Re: [platform-swt-dev] Adding C nature to SWT project

Hi Leo,

I also have it configured with C nature. I also set the build config to run the SWT build script and it works pretty well. It would be good to commit the C nature and .cproject to the repo so that it works easily for everyone with CDT installed. One thing I'd like is an easy way to attach GDB to the Java process running. And also cross navigation between Java and C, call hierarchy, etc. One can dream :)

Marc-Andre

From: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Leo Ufimtsev <lufimtse@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 1:15:55 PM
To: Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list.
Subject: [platform-swt-dev] Adding C nature to SWT project

Hello folks,

One thing I found out lately is that one can add a 'C' nature to a Java project. This way it's seen as both a 'Java' and a 'C' project. (Details)

I've been experimenting with adding a C nature to the SWT project.
So far I found that it makes a rather pleasant experience when it comes t working on the native 'C' parts of SWT.

A great benefit is that 'C' code is indexed properly and you can hop around to definitions of variables, methods, macros, includes etc...  You get proper code auto-completion.

It requires a little bit of tinkering to get it to work properly and requires one to have CDT installed.

Just curious, has anyone else configured their eclipse this way?
I could type up a setup guide or something like that if folks would find it useful.

Inline image 1

---
Leo Ufimtsev
Software Engineer, Eclipse team.