Re: [platform-swt-dev] Button and the SWT.FLAT stylebit

Thanks Conrad and Dani.

Am 08.07.2016 7:33 nachm. schrieb "Conrad Groth" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

AFAIK FLAT means no 3D look. You will see no difference for windows 8 and 10, but for 7.

---- Daniel Megert schrieb ----

> According to the Javadoc SWT.FLAT should be supported for Buttons.

If you read the Javadoc, you will see that this style constant is only a HINT. Read the Javadoc of the SWT class for more details.

Dani

From:        Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        08.07.2016 15:58
Subject:        [platform-swt-dev] Button and the SWT.FLAT stylebit
Sent by:        platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi SWT Team,

I'm trying to customize a SWT button to look flat. According to the
Javadoc SWT.FLAT should be supported for Buttons.

Running the ControlsExample from SWT on Windows and on Linux I cannot
see any difference on a push button, the border is still drawn.

Is this a known bug or do I misunderstand the purpose of the SWT.FLAT stylebit?

Best regards, Lars

CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg: HRB 127058