Re: [platform-swt-dev] Update SWT to Java 8

Hello Szymon,

I'm not aware of java 8 compilers as java is interpreted by a jvm (?), or I have not used a compiler for java. (Is there a compiler that you use on some platform?)
I used openJDK afaik.

I did as following:
- checked out commit: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/75240
- Changed classpath to use the GTK version
- Now SWT can handle Java 8 code. (See example screen shot that uses lambda function).

- On my Fedora 24:
-- I tested SWT jUnit with Gtk3.20-Gtk3.10 and Gtk 2.
-- I tested launching various snippets (ex Control example)
-- I tested child eclipse with SWT in java 8 mode.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Screenshot of SWT running a little bit of Java 8 code (lambda) in a child eclipse.
Inline image 1