Re: [platform-swt-dev] Testing HDPI support with a HDPI monitor?

Thanks Markus (and Arun and Leo), this works fine.

Using scale factor 400 hows IMHO that we should replace the custom drawn icons like view minimize Icon with a png file, the drawings scales horrible.

Best regards, Lars

Am 30.05.2016 7:31 nachm. schrieb "Markus Keller" <markus_keller@xxxxxxxxxx>:
The simplest way on GTK is to set the GDK_DPI_SCALE environment variable before launching eclipse.
E.g. for 150%:

GDK_DPI_SCALE=1.5 ./eclipse

> ./eclipse -Dswt.autoScale=2
This doesn't do anything because you don't pass the -D... as vm argument.

To *only* change the SWT scale factor (but not the fonts that get scaled by the OS), you would use the following:
./eclipse -vmargs -Dswt.autoScale=200

Note that the swt.autoScale property is not meant to be used by end users. It's just there as a fallback in case the automatic detection somehow went terribly wrong.

On Windows 7, there's no good way to test this other than using the Display control panel to choose a percentage or set a custom text size (DPI), and then logging out.

I'll finish and push the N&N entry about this ASAP.

Markus

http://www.vogella.com