[platform-swt-dev] Gerrit reviews

This is a request for SWT committers taking care/having access to Windows machines:

It's a really rare even to have a patch from someone outside of the project trying to do fixes in the proper way by utilizing the underlying platform. I really believe we should encourage people doing this to prevent the pile of workarounds happening on platform.ui level due to our slowness. So could someone review/test https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/70598 . It can be incomplete and etc. but we have to act promptly and tell submitter if there is something wrong. Keeping the patch in the queue and waiting one more year before it gets into a release is an experience that would definitely discourage me.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team

Back to the top