Re: [platform-swt-dev] Providing SWT themeable scrollbars (onWindows)

From the outside watching this thread I believe most people send warnings or saw a lot of problems in your approach. At least one liked the approach to make styled scrollbars happen but didnt really endorse your approach.

I personally dont think a vote is necessary.

I would recommend to you to find an approach that does not require to change the SWT code base but rather can be added on top (like Nebula is added on top of SWT).

Adding an API that is only implemented on one platform is a non-starter. (in my experience)

And my experience comes from a number of SWT bug reports from some years ago (that are still open) that just wanted classes to be no longer „final“ which was refused and from creating a SWT/Qt port that didnt get much love in the SWT community for a number of reasons that I can understand actually.

SWT very much endorses the idea of having the same API and the same behaviour on all supported platforms. 98 % is in all cases known to me not good enough. (achieving that requires a maximum effort but has a number of advantages….)

but that is ust my 2 cents and you can of course do a vote anyway…… I really like the fact that you are trying to move SWT forward…..
christian

Am 23.02.2016 um 20:01 schrieb Fabio Zadrozny <fabiofz@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: