[platform-swt-dev] Old-style widgets on MacOS

I've noticed that when launching Eclipse via the MacOS native launcher all of the widget seemed to be skinned via an old-style (ugly?) look and feel. However, when launching via the java executable (or via a self-host launch config) I see the new-style look and feel.

This is on Mac OS 10.10.5. This is not a Mars vs Luna thing. I could have launched Mars instead of Luna, and it would have had the new style widgets.

I remember back in the day something like this happened for Windows and SWT. An assembly XML was needed to get SWT to take on the new look and feel of the widgets. Perhaps something like this is necessary for the Mac launcher.

Inline image 1
vs
Inline image 2

Back to the top