[platform-swt-dev] Getting multitouch gestures to work in SWT based java applications

Hello,

I'm trying to get multitouch gestures (rotate, pinch/zoom, swipe/scroll, etc.) to work using SWT 3.8.2 (from debian package) on linux.
What I've done so far:
- Tried to run snippet353.java which seems to totally ignore any pointer input.
- Tried to make sure mutitouch works on my xorg installation:
 -- I've got an ELAN Touchscreen (04f3:016f) which is recognized by xorg's evdev driver
 -- 'xinput test' and evtest both spit out events as soon as I'm touching the screen, even multitouch events (different slot-values and positions for each finger)
 -> everything seems to be fine with xorg
- I also wanted to make sure GTK+ itself is recognizing multitouch events:
 -- I was looking for a multitouch-enabled GTK(+)-application and just found this minimal 'touchy'-Python-app: https://gist.github.com/chergert/4344205
 -> works like a charm (multitouch) under Xfce, but it's only single touch under KDE (but that's not a problem, I will stick with xfce or even just a bare xorg session)

So somewhere between GTK and SWT multitouch events seem to be lost. What could be the cause or how can I further narrow down the problem?

Thanks in advance!
Regards!
 Thomas

Back to the top