Feel free to add the tags appropriately Leo, I would also suggest adding the specific SWT component area the bug corresponds to (Browser for example) as it helps in triaging better.

Thanks,
Arun

Inactive hide details for Leo Ufimtsev ---31-01-2015 00:20:59---Hello folks,  Some bugs are tagged with things like: [GTK] [GTKLeo Ufimtsev ---31-01-2015 00:20:59---Hello folks,  Some bugs are tagged with things like: [GTK] [GTK3] [OSX] etc... in their title. But m

From: Leo Ufimtsev <lufimtse@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 31-01-15 00:20
Subject: [platform-swt-dev] Use of tags like [GTK] [Cocoa] [win32] in bugzilla bug title?
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello folks,

Some bugs are tagged with things like: [GTK] [GTK3] [OSX] etc... in their title. But most are not.

Personally I find the tags to be very useful for when they are there.
Mostly for filtering and seeing which platform is affected at a glance from a Bugzilla search.

Sometimes it's also useful for finding things to work on.

May I humbly propose that were possible, we (try?) to use tags like this:
[GTK] / [GTK3]
[Cocoa]
[Win32]
[Common]

e.g
[GKT3] DND broken

Also, would anyone mind if I add these tags to newly created or modified bugs if they are missing the prefix tag?

Thank you

Leo Ufimtsev | Intern Software Engineer @ Eclipse Team