[platform-swt-dev] Use of tags in bugzilla bug title?

~sending again but without tags in subject line. (As those might have been picked up by filters..)

Hello folks,

Some bugs are tagged with things like: [GTK] [GTK3] [OSX] etc... in their title. But most are not.

Personally I find the tags to be very useful for when they are there.
Mostly for filtering and seeing which platform is affected at a glance from a Bugzilla search.

Sometimes it's also useful for finding things to work on.

May I humbly propose that were possible, we (try?) to use tags like this:
 [GTK] / [GTK3]
 [Cocoa]
 [Win32]
 [Common]

e.g
 [GKT3] DND broken

Thoughts?

Also, would anyone mind if I add these tags to newly created or modified bugs if they are missing the prefix tag?

Thank you

Leo Ufimtsev | Intern Software Engineer @ Eclipse Team

Back to the top