[platform-swt-dev] Margin for GtkSpinButton in GTK2?

Hello,

I'm working on DateTime #394534, to replace SWT Text with GtkSpinButton widget.

An outstanding issue is that when SWT.DATE and SWT.DROP_DOWN is used,
(i.e, use a drop down calendar to select the date), then the button is placed 'on top' of the text field instead of next to it.
When I try to move it to the right, it is visually cut off.
(Please see the attached screen shot).

For GTK3, I solved it by adding a margin to the GtkSpinButton control:
   gtk_widget_set_margin_right(.., buttonSize) @Gtk 3.0 - 3.12
   gtk_widget_set_margin_end(.., buttonSize)   @Gtk 3.12+

However, I'm having difficulties doing the same for GTK2 as there is no 'set margin' function. (AFAICT)

To be more precise, GtkSpinButton inherits from GtkWidget.
GtkWidget in GTK3 has a 'margin-end' property:
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkWidget.html#GtkWidget.properties

However, in GTK2 widget lacks this 'margin' property:
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/stable/GtkWidget.html

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thank you

Leo Ufimstev | Red Hat