Re: [platform-swt-dev] Borders like org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text and org.eclipse.swt.widgets.DateTime (ie. with focus in effect)

Hello,

Thanks a lot Arun and Markus for your answers.
I expected it would not be possible but then I was put in doubt by the DateTime widget which extends Composite and yet has is.

By the way, the effect is not just on focus in but also on mouse over. On windows 7, the border is slightly rounded and bi-color (the top is darker) and there is a color transition when the color change (by default between gray and blue), while on the same machine the border we get with new Composite(parent, SWT.BORDER) is rectangle with no rounding and with a single color (I have attached a screenshot).

It would be great to have a style INPUT_BORDER to be able to code custom input widgets that yet behave natively in that respect (border highlight on focus in and mouse over).

Images intégrées 1

Thanks,

Damien

Hi Damien

> How can I get such a border on a custom control ?

Sorry, you can't. There's currently no API to get this in SWT.

This "focus" border around the active Text/Combo/Date is something the OS
provides for these special widgets. (Windows turns the border blue; Mac
add's a blue "focus ring" around.)

You can't see the implementation in the DateTime class because it's really
not there. :-) DateTime is only a Composite because it used to be emulated
on platforms that didn't offer such a widget.

You can file an enhancement request for SWT, but I'm not sure if this can
be implemented for non-native widgets. See e.g. StyledText and CCombo,
which also don't show a focus ring.

Markus