[platform-swt-dev] SWT and GTK2 with GTK3 on the same machine

Dear SWT developers,

My colleague was to add Ubuntu machine into

set of testing machines for GUI for embedded system.

We were taken responses and run-time warnings on the that were

different then on openSUSE production systems.

I was to renew previously compiled SWT,

This was successful but when started our JAVA

program that uses self build swt.jar it had been

crashed not on missing libraries

but on missing symbol.

I saw

gtk_get_major_version

is new to gtk3

and linked libaries form openJDK7 JVM are form gtk2

I was experimented with LD_LIBRAY_PATH, LD_PRELOAD_PATH variables setting

and its export as fully visible environment variables but without success

I was seen several workarounds to port applications to gtk3

but nothing mentionable

Is it possible for you to get me any recommendation how to

find my fault or solve this problem, please

I look forward hearing from you

Yours faithfully

Peter Fodrek

Back to the top