Re: [platform-swt-dev] Disabling GTK3 in a product

As a Kubuntu user I haven't yet had any fun with SWT on GTK3,
so I just retested with Luna M7.

Judging from what I see I would actually suggest to reconsider
which version should be enabled by default.

Part of the problem may be with GTK3 itself, or even more with the
interaction between GTK3 and the themes that make GTK usable on KDE boxes.

I know about two typical themes that integrated GTK into a KDE look&feel:
- oxygen-gtk: On this theme SWT doesn't seem to render any tables - at all.
- qtcurve: This theme has not been ported to GTK3, out of frustration
  over unstable API in GTK it seems.

Ergo: KDE users seem to be out of luck if Eclipse runs on GTK3.

I'd say, when GTK3 support will be ready for release with Luna, the SWT
team deserves a big applause, but I don't think enabling GTK3 by default
for all platforms will make many people happy.

my 2c.
Stephan