[platform-swt-dev] SWT testing platform

Hi everyone,
I guess everyone will agree that the Linux platform on which tests are run badly outdated gtk2 and the very first webkitgtk version swt ever supported.
So I would like to get people commenting on what would be suitable requirements for these 2 libraries so we can ask for such machine being available for running tests on.
My take on the question is:
* Gtk 3.8 - Depending on the latest_version-1 is what I think is most sensible as this would roughly mean testing on 1 year old gtk version. With both Linux distros and Gtk releasing two versions per year I think people having access to latest_version-1 would be biggest group from users.
* webkitgtk - whatever is on the system but should provide both libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0 and libwebkit2gtk-3.0.so.25 (this would be good default as it runs plugins out of process thus reducing crashes significantly, support not finished yet). Libs are paralel installable and it can roughly be said as "recent webkitgtk 2.x".

Comments welcome?

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team

Back to the top