[platform-swt-dev] Device.loadFont() no longer works on Mavericks?

Hello,

In my stand-alone SWT app, I am using Device.loadFont() in various situations: To make custom fonts shipped with our app known to SWT for use in the UI and also to load these fonts to Printers. Since some time, one of my teammates gets an error that Device.loadFont() did not work (it returned false, and the custom fonts are visibly not used in the UI). I am trying to investigate the problem and one thing that sticks out is that this error might have appeared since she upgraded her system to Mavericks.

Device.loadFont() uses ATSFontActivateFromFileReference() which is documented to be deprecated in 10.8. I am using 10.8 and the call still works. However, might it be that it is no longer supported in 10.9?

The error code returned from ATSFontActivateFromFileReference() is -3221, if memory serves.

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,
-Stephan

Back to the top