[platform-swt-dev] SWT and deprecations

Regarding SWT deprecation policy.
Marking non-recomended methods as deprecated seems to be the right thing to me. I know this one is really simple case but I'm looking for the general discussion on the topic here.
Deprecating things might introduce some inconvenience for users but if something is not recomended we should make it obvious to them. This is really important for paving the road ahead as we need to give enough time for people to move ahead. Also helping people use the recommended way is worth it by itself.
What others think ?

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team

Back to the top