Re: [platform-swt-dev] Gerrit rules?

I do not think we should enforce all committers code changes to go through Gerrit.  We do not want to make our lives harder.  We definitely can use Gerrit for code reviews, but the old way is also acceptable to me.    Most of us are not used to Gerrit yet, so it will take some time to learn the process.

I am looking at https://git.eclipse.org/r/14925 to see how the process works.

Silenio

From:        Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        07/29/2013 11:13 AM
Subject:        [platform-swt-dev] Gerrit rules?
Sent by:        platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone,
Now that we have Gerrit enabled what are the rules?
Should we use Gerrit for non-committers only or committers should use it too?
I would prefer the second one but it would depend on whether others intend on performing reviews as otherwise we direct commit is easier.
For the sake of testing the procedures here is
https://git.eclipse.org/r/14925 .

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team