[platform-swt-dev] SWT Browser: poor performance with javascript/SVG

I have created a minimal RCP application with the SWT Browser (just a view with the browser, nothing else). I'm experiencing a very poor performance rendering this page (which uses _javascript_ to manipulate SVG):

http://bl.ocks.org/d/4063663/

// Instantiate a browser inside an Eclipse View.
Browser browser = new Browser( parent, SWT.WEBKIT ); // or MOZILLA.
browser.setURL( "http://bl.ocks.org/d/4063663/" );

My configuration is:

  • Eclipse Indigo (Eclipse 3.7, SWT 3.7),
  • Ubuntu 10.04 or 12.04, 64bits

I've experimented with libwebkit-1.2, xulrunner-1.9.2 and xulrunner-10. All had a very laggy response, while the same page rendered with Firefox or Chromium reacts very quickly to user interaction.

Do you have any hints (limitation of the SWT Browser, library versions)?

In vain, I have tried to search for reasons on the _javascript_ side (too many reflows?), but found none. Again, the page is redered perfectly with a regular browser.

Thanks for your help,
Felipe

Back to the top