Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT GTK Theme

The org.eclipse.swt.internal.theme package is an attempt to provide Theme drawing APIs so that custom widgets could draw portions of its content with native look (buttons, checkboxes, scrollbars. etc).  The code was never finalized, so the API was never moved into a public package.   The package was exported in order for the community to try it out.    It seems that the interest on such API faded away and it never got high priority to get finished.

I am not aware of anyone using it. It is certainly not used by the Eclipse SDK.

Silenio

From:        Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        10/15/2012 05:11 PM
Subject:        [platform-swt-dev] SWT GTK Theme
Sent by:        platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone,

Can someone give me some overview of how org.eclipse.swt.internal.theme is supposed to be used. It makes use of a number of things removed in GTK3 but I don't find any usage in SWT itself and the internal package is exported which made me a bit suspicious. What's the story with it?

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team