[platform-swt-dev] GC.drawText vs TextLayout

Hi everyone.

could you please help me in explaining, what is the core difference between GC.drawText and methods used for rendering text within TextLayout? they seem to be using completely different kind of Text API.

what I need is being able to measure text (words, splitting I have to do by myself) and then use plain most simple API to draw a text, so maybe prererably GC.drawText

what I have seen from TextLayout, those API is not suitable for me, that's why my worries, whether these 2 API are different in some way.

thank you a lot in advance for your help

best regards

Marek Jasovsky

Back to the top