[platform-swt-dev] can't use -XstartOnFirstThread for OS X

I am running an application that uses SWT on Mac OS X.  The SWT application is actually wrapped by a 'getdown' (http://code.google.com/p/getdown/) executable jar (launcher app) and the SWT application is 'launched' by that launcher app using Java runtime.  When I try to pass the -XstartOnFirstThread setting to the new JVM (SWT application) through java runtime, I receive an 'Unrecognized option: -XstartOnFirstThread' error and the launched JVM exits.  If I leave the -XstartOnFirstThread off of the settings for the SWT application then I receive an 'Invalid thread access'.

I know I can add the option to the initial JVM through

java -XstartOnFirstThread -jar ....

and there is no error, but this setting does not get propagated to the new JVM. So I either have an error with SWT 'Invalid thread access', or with the runtime process returning 'Unrecognized option'.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Back to the top