Re: [platform-swt-dev] multiple swtBrowsers don't increase the throughput?

I'm using swt version 3.7.1

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Yuhan Zhang <yzhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using SwtBrowser to load html pages in a loop, each page is given 10 seconds of time to load.
I'd like to increase the throughput by adding additional SwtBrowsers, each of which resides in a different
process (and is assigned with a different Xvfb screen buffer).

I have 5 processes running. supposedly  it would be a lot faster. However, it looks like the total throughput
stays around the request period, as urls are processed at about a 10 seconds period. It makes me feel that
one browser is blocking the others when it is at work and cannot load two urls in parallel (shouldn't be a
thread issue, as they live in different processes). Is this true? or it is more likely that I did something wrong?

Thank you.

Yuhan

Back to the top