[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [platform-swt-dev] platform-swt-dev Digest, Vol 75, Issue 5
- From: Martin Hare Robertson <mchr3k@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 16:32:32 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=xc/KYyyizbDk6atf8TEsQ+dFzbXfbEpF0c77Lf8pMI8=; b=U128Qdoz7mwdJwm+17Xbhd5yo5Y1ayiCGOqDgWs34KQ8/Tz8MPRwESYvb+bV+SugCk Vk2qn1kJZYenj3GRWb+MOaq4DVYXaseuslAo0vJqscG2oK2W4JhAdPndMkuSff3Uow4l r/PzVTZq54gjBlFImQPU8mg52YLgTe6A/t43A=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=cyfCYr9bfYalZtPI3NXE3rvcpEXGcm8UUilTrQ89+HZyStPASvvGXYlgC99OyZeKXC kCT45yBgVC6Vyto2hB9o+pij/2alR6IN+ziVRWqeZB11b6SwI2nK7UozDMSaCJf5EVE5 dMEtdKejs60dSryQ7Lbsp5eRTE/nLX5mGhCeA=
I thought I had the wrong jar and I thought I had already checked that. However, I checked again and it seems I had mixed up the linux 64bit jar and the OSX 64bit jar.
Thanks for the advice!
> Hi Marc,
> I have now retried launching my SWT UI on a 64bit OSX JVM. I get the
> following error output:
> UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
> no swt-gtk-3659 in java.library.path
> no swt-gtk in java.library.path
> Can't load library:
> Can't load library:
Well you definately have the wrong SWT-jar because gtk means Linux and
On 6 June 2011 12:08, Martin Hare Robertson <mchr3k@xxxxxxxxx>
I have now retried launching my SWT UI on a 64bit OSX JVM. I get the following error output:
UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
no swt-gtk-3659 in java.library.path
no swt-gtk in java.library.path
Can't load library: /var/folders/g+/g+FUZTUwGMqBgKDTw59l2U+++TM/-Tmp-/swtlib-64/libswt-gtk-3659.jnilib
Can't load library: /var/folders/g+/g+FUZTUwGMqBgKDTw59l2U+++TM/-Tmp-/swtlib-64/libswt-gtk.jnilib
This issue is tracked on my project issue tracker here: https://github.com/mchr3k/org.intrace/issues/1
The jar I am trying to launch is here: https://github.com/downloads/mchr3k/org.intrace/intrace-ui.jar
Is this a known error? What do I need to do to solve this?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 08:23:52 -0500
From: Marc Downie <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT libraries on 64-bit JVM
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Martin Hare Robertson <mchr3k@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> Hi Marc,
> The bitness of the kernel is certainly decoupled from the bitness of the
> JVM. However, on my OSX machine I have a 32 bit kernel and a JVM which by
> default starts in 64 bit mode. If I try to use the 64 bit OSX SWT jar with
> the 64 bit JVM I get an UnsatisfiedLinkError. However, when I try to use the
> 32 bit OSX SWT jar and specify "-d32" to force the JVM to run in 32 bit mode
> everything works fine.
I have not seen this: I regularly boot into a 32 bit kernel deliberately on
a variety of machines (I have an especially funky .kext that I haven't
ported to 64 bit yet) and run 64bit VM with a 64bit SWT.jar and occasionally
a 32bit VM with a 32bit SWT.jar. I have only ever seen ULE's when the
bitness of the VM and the native libraries inside SWT.jar don't match, and
I've never seen any relationship between kernel bitness and any constraints
in user space.
> My assumption was that the 64 bit OSX SWT jar couldn't be loaded by the 64
> bit JVM because I am running a 32 bit kernel. Do you think this is wrong?
It sounds wrong and it contradicts my experience. I have a 64bit/cocoa
Eclipse open right now on a 32bit kernel.
Currently 10.6.7 and 1.6.0_25; but I've been doing this for a while now.