Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT libraries on 64-bit JVM

I've missed most of the conversation, but...

> ** Note that the 32-bit Cocoa or Carbon port will always throw an
> UnsatisfiedLinkError if you are running with a 64 bit OSX Kernel. For SWT to
> be loaded, the Kernel, JVM and SWT port must all use the same bitness.

... I don't believe that this is true. The bitness of the kernel is
decoupled from the bitness of the JVM. You can load a 64 bit VM (and
SWT port) on a 32 bit OSX Kernel and a 32 bit VM (and SWT port) on a
64 bit Kernel. I run 64-bit VM / SWT on a 32-bit Kernel regularly.

best,

Marc.

Back to the top