Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT libraries on 64-bit JVM

Hi Ahmed,

One gotcha to look out for is that you must use the SWT jar which matches your kernel and not just the CPU or JVM.

I have an OSX machine with a 64 bit processor which is running a 32 bit kernel. The JVM starts in 64 bit mode by default and I get an error regardless of whether I load a 32 bit or 64 bit OSX SWT jar. Instead I must use the JVM argument "-d32" to launch the JVM in 32 bit mode and use the 32 bit OSX SWT jar.

Martin

> Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 16:25:58 -0400
> From: Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ahmed.elmasri@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."
>    <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [platform-swt-dev] SWT libraries on 64-bit JVM
>
> Hello,
> I am unable to find the proper release for MacOS X 64-bit.
>
> Here is the error I am getting:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load
> 32-bit SWT libraries on 64-bit JVM
>    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
>    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.NSThread.isMainThread(Unknown Source)
>    at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Unknown Source)
>    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Unknown Source)
>    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Unknown Source)
>    at gui.HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:35)
>

> Any help is appreciated,
> Ahmed

Back to the top