[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[platform-swt-dev] SWT.EMBEDDABLE on gtk is not reusable
- From: Joonas Koivunen <joonas.koivunen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 19:07:12 +0300
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=3Nfn7AhzB7R4K89sIiOpy/BnWqw72SBC750bmbRWeuY=; b=P1VcpRNmo2/3mTcwHdyUiSnj3JZCaNolPT6Q6qMnI/0OJ54oKufT3XN8gys3Qj2+18 wHS4bIBVwkoi3kRg42FUmDO2Q7rRgv1MgPgoelV3pvSpanmHYT0pmgGe4yDvsvguIljk WsB2Kl/NVXfejSHP1eH3sDikhgc3dMn5EKFsY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=cQESGpiQl3zSa6N36PLu4XWXkmQgDpABFpEisReIz7Mmy2JqPt/mnx/AbuuBScFzVn 2/q52BgB7ok3a7R/zF76yiw9HYFTSaV+Tb/d1Sxy3y63faGI8Jq1DN/vCurE/MzuYAZu FlQ5xkSrciFDBOE8BQ/XooHecNmkTBmoBL1Mw=
I made a bug about this earlier  and I'd be interested in
implementing a fix. Short summary is that the GtkWidget backing the
Composite gets disposed (without Composite getting disposed) when the
XEmbed client goes away after being attached.
I tried to look around for required blocks but could someone verify
I'm not going to the entirely wrong way? For example, are all signals
defined in Widget.java for consistency or should the socket signals be
in for example Composite as it is the first subclass of widget capable
of receiving one.
Also, not sure if this is a feature of XEmbed and/or Win32 but under
windows, if you have a subwindow (WS_CHILD and maximized I believe) on
your SWT.EMBEDDABLE composite it stays centered and grows from there
whereas in linux (gtk) the embedded component is anchored to the left
top corner, expanding towards right and bottom. Any ideas how I could
replicate the windows behaviour on gtk?
1 = https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=342253
-- Joonas Koivunen