[platform-swt-dev] Browser - XULRunner components

Are XPCOM components supported in the SWT wrapping of XULRunner?

I only ask because it appears as if they are not, but I'm confused at how this is true.

If I create an XPCOM component that overrides some service and drop it into a firefox build, it works correctly.  I then take the same component on the same XULRunner build (XULRunner 1.9.2.13 versus FF 3.6.13) with SWT and drop it in and it makes an effort but ends up not working.  In particular, the registerSelf method is called to register the component factory but then getClassObject is never called (these are both nsiModule methods).  The component directory is set up correctly in the AppFileLocProvider and it's within the same directory as the hacked in external.xpt component that SWT uses to call into Javascript.  compreg.dat in the profile directory shows that the component appears correctly registered.  So on the surface things look good, but the service manager is not returning the registered component, neither in the compiled XULRunner code nor if I do something like Mozilla.getInstance().getServiceManager().getServiceByContractID(SERVICE_ID, CLASS_ID).

I was wondering if 1) some one has gotten a custom component set up and running so I'm just doing something silly or 2) Grant knows what my problem is.

Back to the top