Re: [platform-swt-dev] Browser/XULRunner 1.9.3

Hi Ryan,

I don't think there will be a XULRunner 1.9.3 release, the next release that I can see is 2.0.  XULRunner 1.9.3 was previously proposed but I think has been discontinued.

XULRunner 2.0 will have significant API changes compared to pre-2.0, with no frozen C++/Java interfaces (new policy), and will not ship with JavaXPCOM jars .  SWT is not planning support for xulrunner versions >= 2.0, since WebKitGTK+ is available as an alternative for SWT.NONE-style Browsers.  Support (bug fixes) for xulrunner versions < 2.0 will continue, so swt clients using JavaXPCOM will be supported, but must continue to prescribe a XULRunner version < 2.0.

Grant

Ryan Levering <rrlevering@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/07/2010 02:29 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."        <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Browser/XULRunner 1.9.3

Are there any plans/timeline for support of the newest release of XULRunner in SWT?  There are several changes in 1.9.3 I'm eager to get my hands on.  I know it's still in beta, but I was just wondering if integration or testing efforts start before the release.

Cheers,
Ryan Levering