Re: [platform-swt-dev] What Javascript engine in SWT browser?

Hi Alex,

       Thank you. So it looks they use XPCOM and JNI stuff to communicate with the local browser
 component.

Carlin

2010/9/25 Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>
On 25 Sep 2010, at 08:39, Carlin Wong <carlin4j@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     I have used the web browser classes in SWT library, it is cool.
> I don't know which _javascript_ engine the SWT library use, whether
> it is open-source? Can someone tell me?

I believe it uses the web browser component on the local OS, so IE for Windows, Safari/WebKit for OSX etc. I think there were plans to also enable a WebKit portable one but I don't know the status of that.

Alex