[platform-swt-dev] Embedding a Win32 Window?

Hi,

I have a requirement to embed a native Win32 application window inside a Java window.  I am guessing that I need to use a Composite but beyond that I'm not sure how to achieve this.  I am guessing it's similar to embedding OLE objects(?) but this isn't quite the same.  I know it's possible as I saw a post as I was trawling the net but I can't get the guy to respond unfortunately.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.  Also, I do need to listen for mouse events, especially click and text selection if possible.  I have the code for the Win32 app in C/C++ so I can always do some JNI stuff if I need to propogate events up the chain.

If anybody knows of anyone who's done this before i'd love to discuss how they did it and have a look at an example.

Regards,

Andrew.

Back to the top