Subject: StyledText widget redesign
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 09:33:24 -0400
From: Bill Fenlason <zzq@xxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: eclipse.platform.swt

Is there any discussion of a redesigned and reimplemented StyledText
widget?

I believe that the current StyledText API (and related internals) have
some problems that are unlikely be fixed because of API compatibility.

There are a few thoughts I can share which may be of interest to a
redesign effort.  Are there any long range plans for another version?

Thanks.

Bill Fenlason

Back to the top