[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [platform-swt-dev] OLE capabilities in SWT
- From: Christopher Deckers <chrriis@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 18:03:40 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=KA6fdARjmhonstDuPUyIkFgTF6RgnKvvIzkR3/RkKp8=; b=gER/AXIFhtiBQDVzp4eZIBc3037n44ERL7ckMRGCdnn3cCMjdogI8PmTTShfilYUg9 tnWqbgnTZ22Guf9kVSMQg9jfVhD4D0a3sTQK7n6xNls1ZdcCzpnvruczQM3VkdpbUBWG Va7KwMLOmKbJw57NQNLHtkH8n+LtAKiSV2Htg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=OewTakI3Th1G3RrOtlVi1VuP0P07RZ7TZHG99Yv4k11uLDUuseA282CcMIqW9cVGib eqQWWWxpBwopydQd/l1XJj/g+yYkCBC2jIp5DTe7x62arF0Y3Y1d0M4kSw/CIK1bd2FE Uh81YLPwrVsNhDt5HCZ2TXqJaeGlWEYjAUICA=
>> 1.b Enter a bug
>> 1.c Can you create a OleAutomation using the constructor that takes a
>> string ?
> I can with my modified code. But creating an OleAutomation spawns the
> process while what I need is to connect to a running instance.
I just opened a bug for this:
I also figured how to tweak your suggestion to make it work but still,
it lacks the fact of not automatically creating an instance if not
running and is only applicable to Excel. I wrote the details in the
>> Provide that the patch is good and doesn't break anything we should be
>> able to include it for 3.7
I am still fiddling with the patch because I am not very familair with
how SafeArray stores its data. The original author does not remember
much so I will probably have to spend more time on it. I'll update the
bug report if I get anything...