[platform-swt-dev] Using git for SWT's code repository

Hello,

Now that I'm sitting on a bunch of fixes for 3.6.1 until 3.6 ships and we can branch, I know I'm going to have a painful experience down the road sorting out one change set from another, since a couple of my fixes affect the same file.

Right now this is a personal workflow issue more than a structural problem, but I'm thinking that using git instead of CVS would make this much easier.  I recognize that's a big, long-term solution, so I'm wondering if anyone else on this list is checking out and building the SWT, and sees some benefit to using git for the SWT codebase.

In the meantime, I'm going to look at setting something up for myself against the read-only git repository on dev.eclipse.org.

Comments welcome....

-- Scott K.

Scott Kovatch
IBM