RE: [platform-swt-dev] MAC error

Why yes MAC are ‘special’. Thanks very much but I do not have access to a MAC to develop on. I will have to code it blindly and pray it works. I wish I could run a virtual Mac and not pay a kings ransom for a one time dev machine.

Have a great day,

From: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carolyn MacLeod
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:48 PM
To: Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list.
Cc: 'Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list.'; platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [platform-swt-dev] MAC error

Macs are special.   :)

You have to be actually running on a Mac in order to follow the instructions on http://www.eclipse.org/swt/macosx/
So, the required step 1 is: go to a Mac.
Step 2: run the Safari web browser and go to http://www.eclipse.org/swt/macosx/
Step 3: follow the instructions on that page exactly. You can use the TextEdit program to edit text files. For non-text files, just double-click them and the Mac will open an editor on them. Just change the example names to match your application, and you should be good to go.

Maybe your customer can do this for you if you do not have access to a Mac.
Good luck,
Carolyn

"Thomas Plummer" <tplummer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list.'" <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

15/06/2010 01:03 PM

RE: [platform-swt-dev] MAC error

Sent by:

platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes and sadly I think reading ancient Sumerian would make more sense.

I was under the impression that using the export->Runnable Jar file would handle most of the heavy lifting. I am not a lazy person but I am out of my field with the MAC OS. This program is VERY simple. It is using a jar, a text file and a PDF. I did this to ensure compatibility.

Please let me know if I am just flaking on this._______________________________________________
platform-swt-dev mailing list
platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx