Re: [platform-swt-dev] Announcing early WebDriver-like framework for SWT Browser object; feedback/comments appreciated

> On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Misha Koshelev <misha680@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Dear All:
>>
>> I have been working on some end-used web automation projects, and
>> have, in the process, developed some code to (partially) implement
>> a WebDriver-like framework for the SWT browser objects.
>
> Neat!
>
>> I have posted my early framework here under GPLv2:
>> http://www.mkosh.com
>
> Understand that the license you chose has a broad impact on potential
>  adopters within Eclipse. GPL isn't viewed highly of within the
> Eclipse community. You may consider licensing it under the EPL if you
> want the same copyleft type of protections the GPL offers but at a
> lesser extent. I highly recommend you read this blog post by Mike
> Milinkovich:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/blogs/mike/2010/04/06/epl-gpl-commentary/
>
> Anyways, interesting work!
>
> -- Cheers,
>
> Chris Aniszczyk http://aniszczyk.org +1 860 839 2465

Thank you for such rapid comments. I certainly have no problem re-licensing if that's an issue. Let me know if there's a good way to get into the SWT patch pipeline ;)

Misha

Thank you Misha

Back to the top