Re: [platform-swt-dev] Announcing early WebDriver-like framework for SWT Browser object; feedback/comments appreciated

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Misha Koshelev <misha680@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I have been working on some end-used web automation projects, and have, in the process, developed some code to (partially) implement a WebDriver-like framework for the SWT browser objects.

Neat!

> I have posted my early framework here under GPLv2:
> http://www.mkosh.com

Understand that the license you chose has a broad impact on potential
adopters within Eclipse. GPL isn't viewed highly of within the Eclipse
community. You may consider licensing it under the EPL if you want the
same copyleft type of protections the GPL offers but at a lesser
extent. I highly recommend you read this blog post by Mike
Milinkovich:
     http://dev.eclipse.org/blogs/mike/2010/04/06/epl-gpl-commentary/

Anyways, interesting work!

--