[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [platform-swt-dev] C++ Toolkit for SWT
- From: Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:33:42 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:references:message-id:from:to :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer :mime-version:subject:date:cc; bh=R07wVIjKwgG1Rdu7GfXyPBD8uP83UHs4vlEpurSg/iw=; b=O40uysTN4PkP8SaAl0RxssiI/ePwEyU0V1mfurVOdaxPsF7xQRvCLJdS/bjm5JnIuc IAFzV9X916nIqKKZpUexN37uesGmkgb4mC30cU6yrPFOns4MS5Q3mi/MrjUCuLov4itA J5JtyzaTnYcTkWxsqkLvrZcdD+yVztBBfRB8k=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=references:message-id:from:to:in-reply-to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:mime-version:subject:date:cc; b=cE8kLYrvDH+sBdIyqnIzkFHMFHhpsCaDWUF++wN5YIyr+cTUZV/wr+mOGuBT9kxzVk qX0FqpuhO24OCrrsf0NK3ZzDlgeNydMN2n9f+v2dFHmlqoaw7YjpJxYg3OEUuQAGMeC+ n5cMOCsRIcO3VoQdFJoOrpOXN9EC7/dEmyFRA=
No. SWT is a lighweight wrapper around the system native widgets - all
of the logic (and bugfixes) are in Java. So you'd need to fire up a
JVM and go via Java if you wanted to do this.
The bindings for different OS and window kits are built in entirely
separate libraries and are mainly thin wrappers around that system's
widgets. If you wanted to compile natively, you might as well do the
Sent from my (new) iPhone
On 14 Apr 2010, at 10:37, Tech Id <tech.login.id2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am a newbie to SWT.
Our project is mostly in C++ and we would like to develop the GUI in
SWT as an eclipse plug-in.
Since SWT is in Java, I was wondering if there was an equivalent C++
version of SWT such that even the GUI elements could be coded in C++
Please note that the application has to remain an Eclipse plugin
platform-swt-dev mailing list