From: <var@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/22/2010 12:43 PM
Subject: [platform-swt-dev] SWT and Windows Phone 7
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Microsoft recently confirmed at MIX conference that Windows Phone 7 will only support .NET API and Silverlight for third-party apps. However, SWT presently supports Windows CE, both Pocket PC and Windows Mobile, using the native Win CE API. This raises the question: Will SWT be supported for Windows Phone 7? Would the approach being used to support SWT for .NET-based WPF be feasible? or is Windows Mobile 6.5 the end of the line for SWT (and everything else Eclipse and Java, for that matter) on Windows phones and devices?_______________________________________________
platform-swt-dev mailing list
platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx